The European network of RBF – Remembrance Forum Associations in Germany, France and Italy, gathers Concerned European Citizens, Thinkers, Academics and Policy makers, from all sectors of society, in order to:
Remember the Past:
- Build the Future based on the lessons of our Historical Heritage
- Promote research and analysis of the Historical Heritage of Europe and Worldwide
- Promote analysis of Current Affairs and of geopolitical issues
Repair the present and Act to build a better Future:
- Draft Actions Plans for the Future
- Unite Democratic forces to build a better and secure World
Foster the common values of Tolerance, Democracy, Rule of Law and Peace:
- Promote the basic and core values of Tolerance, Democracy and Peace in different regions of the World.
- Ensure the Rule of Law and Moral principles in International and National Politics
- Promote Democracy and constructive dialogue between Democrats Worldwide
- Unite Democratic forces in leading to peaceful solutions of conflicts between Nations and amongst them.
- Foster Inter-religious dialogue and understanding between the Peoples
- Combat all forms of Racism, Xenophobia and Anti-Semitism
- Unite Democratic forces against Terrorism and Extremism
The Remembrance Forum Associations are:
- Providing up-to-date information and analysis about world, global events and geopolitical issues
- Interpreting current issues, events and policies in light of past events
- Generating “New Thinking and New Tools” in order to build a better future
- Providing expertise, experts and consulting Key Decision Makers
- Addressing the relevant historical and current factors that dominate policy debates
- Helping drafting relevant action plans for the Present and the Future
- Providing a constructive forum for the exchange of ideas and information between Key Policy makers and Key Stakeholders
- Organizing International Conferences, Seminars, Hearings and Field Missions to sustain its Mission.
The main mission of the RBF European network:
Remember the Past in order to Build a Better Future
Remembrance Forum – Forum de la Mémoire France
RBF France decided in 2012 to focus primarily on the terrible implications of the armed conflicts in Africa. Further on RBF France focused its activities on the lessons of the genocides in Rwanda and in Darfur.
From 2016, RBF France strengthened its partnership with the International March of the Living. And in the second half of 2017, they initiated and coordinated the establishment of the European March of the Living Network, the first of its kind pan European network linking and reaching out organizations and associations from the EU Member States to engage the young generations to draw the lessons of the Holocaust in order to be more pro-active to combat anti-Semitism, racism, racial bigotry and xenophobia.
In 2018, RBF France signed on a 4 Years Framework agreement with the European Commission to develop, expand and to reinforce this network in order to create a strong and dedicated community of concerned European citizens from different ages and different sectors of the civil society.
RBF Germany was established at the end of 2011 and decided to focus mainly on the ethnic and religious tensions and conflicts in South Asia.
Since 2017, RBF Germany focused its activities on educating Young Germans about the lessons of Holocaust and partnered with MoRaH (Austria) and EMOTL to organize in close partnership with the City of Orianenburg, the first of its kind High School students delegation to the 2019 March of the Living in Auschwitz.